Friday, August 28, 2009

Our House?


Wow! Today marked quite a moment. We have been praying all weekend and asking our family and close friends to pray with us as we wait to hear back on our offer on a house. We figured it would be a long shot considering we offered over 20k less than the asking price and were maxed out at this point with what we could offer.Then today came. I was throwing around ideas to see if we had anything to counter offer if they didn't accept. I spoke with Amy, our mortgage guru over at Travis' office and asked her what our options were. She said we could get rid of my student loans (not happening) and we would have more to work with, then she asked for the taxes on the house, I gave them to her, told her I thought they were low and she agreed. Then she informed that based on the asking price and the taxes being so low, we would completely qualify without having to do anything else right now!!! I was like, "What!?" So essentially, whatever the counter offer is today, we can accept if we think it's a fair price!!! What the heck! We went from thinking we didn't have a shot in hell to now possibly being able to buy the house that we want! Uh...thanks, God? Yes, thanks be to God, whether we have this house or no house. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails