Friday, August 28, 2009

Missing You


It's always interesting to watch Jaden's behavior change when Kyle's gone. He wakes up frequently in the night, he has a hard time going down for naps, and he's just all around fussier. Some may say that Kyle's presence doesn't matter and that kids are resilient to change, I think otherwise. I know my son, and there is a peace in this house when we're all together. It is how it should be. When one of our members isn't with us, we all feel it in some way or another, no matter who it is. It's been a long summer. We've been gone a total of 5 weeks and 2 days throughout the summer without Kyle being fully present, and that's not even including September. It's been tough, but we're makin' it. At the end of the day, though, I want to say to Ky, "Thanks for loving on kids this summer and taking them to camp and thanks for providing more for our family by catching fish and shooting weddings, know that you are missed and we love you. We can't wait for you to come home and stay awhile." I cannot wait for things to settle back down into a routine. Cheers to monotony, we could use a little more of that right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails