Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I Heart Amazon

It all started with toddler flash cards and an email I got from Blogger the other day. Last night as I was sitting down to play with Jaden on our kitchen floor, we got out his "flash cards," and as we were pointing to the objects on them, I was thinking how much I loved these things and how Moms should know about them and how I wanted to write a post about how great they are. And then the Blogger email I got the other day about Amazon Associates flashed (No pun intended. Get it? Flashed. Flash cards. Never mind.) through my mind. This could be a great way to share the products I love with a link to Amazon, in case others want to love it, too, and then my dream of getting paid to blog would come true!!! Okay, maybe it won't go down like that, but I would like to share here and there some of the things I've encountered with Amazon that have been fabulous and not so fabulous.

So, first item up...the infamous flashcards. Love these! My sister-in-law's friend gave us our first set. We got the "Farm" ones and Jaden is really into them. Few reasons why I am into them:
  • They are big (7.2 x 4.6 x 1.7 inches to be exact)
  • They have real-life pictures with a place to touch the different textures (which kids love)
  • Included on the back of each card are interactive ideas and questions
  • They come with a nifty hard case box with a velcro flap that keeps them all in one place (which I happen to really like)
  • They are durable, a major plus. 
I want to get more sets, I'm not sure how many they have total, but they work for us at this age (15 mths.) and I can always go for more of what works (at any age). Jaden can sit for a long time going through his box of cards and talking to his animals and tractors. He'll even bring me one (today it was a duck) and have me say what a duck says with him.
The only drawback, and it's not a big one, is they have a couple of cards that are a little out there like "combine harvester." Really? Maybe that's a big deal on farms and I need to get with it, but my 15 month old calls it a car, and for now, I'm okay with that. So, that's all I got for these flashy flashcards. I think they're great, 'nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails