We had a great Memorial Day weekend. Thanks to all who serve and have served our country.
Friday
We took Jaden to the Children's Museum after work and then Kyle and I got to go on a date later that evening, which hasn't happened in...well, awhile. It was needed. We went out to Lebanese food at Habibi (thanks Groupon) and then headed over to one of our favorite spots when we were dating before we got married. Coffee Time, 24 hours and free wi-fi, can't beat that. And they had a keyboard player and singer doing old show tune-like songs, very cool.
Saturday
We met our friends from Eugene, Ryan and Shellie and their two boys, and another friend Adam-Ross and his baby girl, Abrielle (Mom is a nurse and had to work that day, she was missed) at the zoo. It was my first time at the Oregon Zoo. Yes, I have lived here for twelve years and no, I've never been to our zoo, ever, until Saturday. I was actually really impressed. I felt like it was so interactive with all of the big glass windows. You could go right up to and see many of the animals face to face. Jaden had a blast, it wasn't his first time, but he loved it nonetheless, what kid doesn't love the zoo?
Saturday night we had Kyle's nephew Clyde over, *no pics to show, bummer, but it was really good to have him over and he got to play X-box with Kyle while I had a little down time.
Sunday
It was a busy day of Young Life stuff
Monday
Oh Monday! Monday was the day I had been dreaming of for awhile. We were outside more than we were in and it was glorious. The three of us went bike riding all day. The sun even came out (which seems more like a miracle right now given these past few weeks of Oregon Fall, oh wait it's the end of May. So why all the grey rainy-ness? Anyone?) Anyway, we first rode to Costco, but it was closed, (figured), then went to Commonwealth Park and played at the park across the street, then we biked passed a blue Hurley bus, hit up New Seasons for some grub, (they have great wok bowls btw), rode through Nike and back home, it was splendid. Then Kyle mowed the lawn and I made Monkfish (it was actually cod) with garlic mashed potatoes and a pinot noir reduction while drinking wine. Great way to end an already perfect day.
We had a relaxing, and much needed "family-time" weekend. Thanks all for reading a play-by-play recap of it. It was one for the books.
*Weekend pics in the following posts
No comments:
Post a Comment