This is what I wrote on my Facebook status: Went running, awesome. Landed myself in the ER, not so awesome.
Had to clarify a bit and this was my response:
So, I went for a run with my dog in Oak Hills, the neighborhood next to our street. I was almost home and it was getting dark when I came out of the neighborhood and rounded the corner to the busy street before I turn down our street. There were two gals with their dog partway on the sidewalk part way in the grass, I think the dog was smelling grass or something. As we were running past them, their dog lunged at Bella (my dog), Bella got startled and jumped out in front of me and one of the ladies jumped back into me. I flew into the air as I rolled my leg/ankle over Bella, my ipod got thrown out of my hands and slammed into the cement, and ended up landing over the curb onto the pavement. Good times.
During all of this, I let go of Bella's leash. She was so terrified, she didn't know what to do and ended up running into the street. She started darting in between cars (it is now it's dark on a busy street), trying to run away, meanwhile, I'm on my back in agony with my eyes closed trying to manage the pain. I realize as I open my eyes that I don't have Bella and she's in the street so I get up to try to stop her from getting hit by a car, but I can't move my foot. And poor thing, she is freaking out cause I'm crying out in pain, there are cars everywhere, there's this huge dog barking at her and two strangers trying to catch her.
Long story short, she didn't die, I didn't die, my brand new iPod's not broken and I ended up with a sprain with an air splint and crutches. I'm not gonna' lie, it could have been SO much worse. Thank you, God, for keeping us in one piece. When one of the ladies finally caught Bella, she was so scared she fought out of her harness and leash and ran back out into the street, I cannot believe she didn't get hit and I am soo thankful! I love that dog! I actually watched her being born, I know, I know TMI, but I seriously love that dog. I'm just bummed I won't be able to pick Jaden up for awhile, not to mention being able to work out or run for awhile, bummer. :( Thanks for the concern, guys. Moral of the story: When it's almost dark outside, stop running and walk.
That was my story for Friday night, boo. But! I got to hang low all day on Saturday. Daedra and I got to talk for two hours, Becky came over and we chatted it up, I got to Skype Cynthia, the kids and my dad for awhile. Dannelle came over to play with Jaden and, last but not least, Nicholas and my mom came over and brought me Thai food while we halfway watched Casanova. Man, I had such a good day!
Thanks friends and family. You are the sunshine of my life. No, really.
No comments:
Post a Comment