Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Stuff













We had such a good weekend at the ranch. It was beautiful weather and we got to talk to so many friends we know that we don't see on a regular basis. The only sad thing is I didn't take one picture. I used to be a picture freak and now it just slips my mind all the time. I feel like we have no pictures of Jaden, lots of video, but not a lot of pics :( Sad.

Today he's going to a new pediatrician, a guy named Dr. Tom, who's known for being a little more on the alternative side. I'm glad for this. I can put Jaden on a more spread out vaccine schedule and don't have to hear about it, in fact he's a proponent for it. I hope this appointment goes well and we like him.

So, cool new thing Jaden does. On Sunday, after we got back from the ranch and were unloading the car, our friend Becky was saying how babies usually say "Mama" first because it's easier. Well, not less than 3 hours later when I was putting Jaden to bed, he started saying the sound "mamamamamamama" over and over. It was awesome! I told Becky she should tell him to say "dadadada" next time since she seems to be our lucky charm. It's so cute though. This morning I woke up to hearing him in his crib, "Mama mama mama" I thought, "I'm coming!" even though he doesn't associate the sound/word with me yet. So awesome! He's growing up so big and so fast. Before we know it, it'll be time for baby #2!

Tonight I have an informational meeting at George Fox (Portland Campus) about Grad. school, I hope I get some good info. I've been really struggling through, "Is this the best route for what I really want to do?" And hopefully as time goes on, I will get more answers. Do I really need a Master's in Counseling to help others globally? I'm sure it doesn't hurt, but is there a better, more direct route into the field of activism? Time will tell...For now, I keep on journeying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails