Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My start of a good day turned to crap (pun intended) in about 5 seconds...

I include this as a a blog post instead of a FB status b/c FB only gives you a certain amount of characters. Boo!

So...there might be some TMI in this, but I have to share. Maybe if more of you laugh with me, I won't cry. So, I was going to the bathroom and had my computer with me (this would be the TMI part), all the while keeping Jaden in my sight and occupied while taking care of business (if you are a mom, you understand). I hear the phone ring, thinking it is Kyle and the fact there is no reception down at the ranch and I've only heard from him once since Sat., I jump up, close my computer, hold my pants up and run...(okay, as I'm writing this now I'm like, "What was I thinking??" I wasn't. Hindsight, it's such a beautiful thing.) As I am sideways running while holding my closed computer in one hand and holding my pants up with other, I trip over one of my pant legs. In an instant one leg slides under the other, the arm with the computer begins to ascend into the air (picture a bowling pose here) and yes, my computer/bowling ball goes flying into the air. My Mac goes one way, as my legs slide under my body and they go another, then, the rest of my body follows my Mac smashing to the hardwood floor below as my hands semi-catch me and I lay on the ground shaken. I slowly look up blinking as I listen to the ring of my cell phone die and go into voicemail. "Dammit, this was so not worth it," I think to myself as I look at my skinned arm and eerily quiet Mac. Just as I think I've hit rock bottom (literally) in about 5 seconds, the next 5 get a little crazier. The Annie's Mac & Cheese I'm making ahead of time for Jaden's lunch is beeping and has been for probably the entire 2 min. of this whole ordeal and is now most likely turning into mush, I then hear the toilet lid opening and closing while I limp over to take the noodles off the stove as my fascinated son is having the time of his life playing in the toilet because Mom decided to run like a ninny to the phone and because, well, he can. Then as I rush to Jaden to stop him from having too much fun and needing an entire head to toe scrub, my cell phone rings again. No, it is not Kyle, only my Mom calling from her Skype phone. (I say only here because if it was Kyle, then maybe all of this would have been worth it). I realize I need a 5 minute break to compose myself, get my bearings and potentially start this day over. I wash Jaden's hands (and my own), set him in his crib with books, and just stand there for a second. Aah, deep breathe. I go over to my computer, my eyes squinted and halfway closed as if by doing this I will blink my computer into working existence again like Jeannie in I Dream of Jeannie (except she could actually do it). I push the power button, it turns on!!! But, alas, a white screen, and only a white screen. The end of the story is: I regroup, take Jaden out of his crib, call the Mac store, make an appt., then use Kyle's Mac to write this post.

I'm getting my hair highlighted in 1 hour,  so the day has to get better, right?

6 comments:

  1. This sounds like a page from MY book. Trust me, you don't want to steel any more of my chapters!
    -Bean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, at the rate your day is going, you might want to reschedule that hair appointment! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahahaah Rama this isnt funny but it is, its nearly hilarious. idk what to title this morning of yours but on top of that your baby sitter nia whitfield aka ME, was a solid 20mins late, mmm now i wish i could say oh you know i just woke up late, but no i was literally trying to get to your house at the start of 11:49am not 50, no... 49am... and on top of that my mom was mad because i had her rushing, but really in my head i planned on taking the bus, until i realized that i only had about 30mins to get to you and had no idea what bus to take, sooooo in my head im thinking, im going to get on the bus and transfer and make it there, no what happen was my mom rushed up to go to pcc slash drop me off at your house but angry because im so last minute all the time assuming the world knows whats going on in my head i think things down to the tip in my head including people and all sooooo of course she is mad because shes about to be late, i am about to be late and most of all im about to make rama (YOU) late, moral of the story is, im at big k or whatever its called parking lot...lost, oh just 2 more miles, okay kool i can walk, but no i only had 10 minutes, so it was more like i can run fast walk speedy quick mean while my tom shoes are sweatin it up rama is on the phone lost and confused just as me...longest 2miles of my life, i really do think that i need to sleep for a solid few days and gather myself...rama your morning was like watching a movie not gonna lie can not wait to hear how your drive and hair app. went...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nia, I love you. You pretty much know how the rest of the day went. Thank you for being a part of the "Crazy Rama Show" today, without you it wouldn't have been as much fun.

    Love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so i wrote on here but idk if it went through so i will sum up what i said....for one i didnt no i was signed in as you when i typed that long story above...and two did you get my text a while ago saying what i just did? (because it must go on the list of nonsense today) i love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bien...I wanna hear more about these chapters. I have a feeling they will keep me laughing :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails