It was time to gut our bathroom floor. When we bought our house last year, we knew it had to go, we just didn't think it would be so soon (yeay!). I'm not shedding a tear, you'll see why when you see the pics. Don't get me wrong, our bathroom wasn't horrible, it just needed a little updating, mainly new flooring. What existed before the update was old (and I'm talkin' old) nasty, off-white linoleum that had an orangish, rectangle, bathroom mat-stain in front of the shower. Gross.
Here's the deal: we have one bathroom, one. And it's TI-NY. So, we might as well make the best of what we've got, right? Here's to making it better.
Kyle and Jayme took out the old linoleum, installed the sub floor, cut the tile to fit, laid the new tile and repainted the entire bathroom all in a day's work. Holy cow, ya'll worked hard!
The demo pics are below; I'll leave the before and after 'til the end. It's a partial after since we still want to get a new shower curtain, bronze faucet and decor to go with. One step at a time. I'm just glad this step involved making my feet happy when I 'step' onto my bathroom floor now. Ahhh, it's so nice.
Courtesy for making this possible: Home Depot, my husband Kyle, the previous owner who left us boxes of tiling, and the biggest shout out goes to Becky and Jayme Seppala, for without them, this project would not have been possible (Jayme is a Contractor and his work is beautiful).
The Demo
Do you see the bathroom mat rectangle stained into the floor? What the heck!
Wait for it, wait for it....
One word. Sick.
Time to mix the grout and lay the tile
The crew
Becky and Brayden
The Hubs and Me
Letting the paint dry
Before & After
Paint
Floor
The Big Picture












I LOVE IT!!!!!!! It looks MARVELOUS! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Kirst!! Miss you.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great project! I'm completely with you - it doesn't take very many stains for a bathroom to be way gross. The new look is wonderful! Good work!
ReplyDelete