Monday, January 25, 2010
January 18th at 4:28pm
Jaden took his first step!!!! It was glorious. Kyle was heading out the door to a go ice skating with the high school kids and right before he left we were all in Jaden's room and he was standing by himself like he always does these days and then all of a sudden he started moving forward on his own. Ah! We both screamed and encouraged him and cheered him on! It was fabulous! After Kyle left, I practiced with him some more and the next 3 steps were more like running. He ran 3 steps to me and leaped into my over-excited arms! What a fun day! Since then, he's not roaming yet, but definitely practicing his walking skills. It's almost as if he knows how to walk but chooses not to. I can tell he has the balance and the strength, he just lacks the confidence which is totally normal during such a huge developing feat! We aren't pushing him, whenever he decides to walk, he'll walk. :) We practice with him maybe once a day to show him he can do it and aid in his confidence. I have a feeling by the time his birthday party rolls around next month, he'll have mastered it! Fun times!! Gosh, I feel like I love him more and more everyday if that's even possible. I love to go get him in the morning. I open his door slowly so he knows I am coming in and the second he sees me he gets a huge grin on his face and starts jumping up and down eagerly waiting for me to pick him up! I love it! He's my little bear. Well, big little bear now. Life is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment