con·tent·ment - a state of happiness and satisfaction. He found contentment in living a simple life in the country.
So along with this gratitude/contentment thing, I was stumbling around Real Age.com which is great (good 'ole Dr. Oz) and found a YOU-Q. It's a quiz that you take and it assesses your inner and outer beauty. Obviously it's a quiz, so it's a bit simplistic in its answers to something as deep and complex as beauty, inner or outer, but fun nonetheless and somewhat insightful for a quick quiz. Check it out:
http://www.realage.com/the-you-docs/you-being-beautiful/measuring-inner-outer-beauty
According to this quiz, it looks like I'm doing okay, but I can do better as far as loving myself and being content, but I can also make the necessary changes to get there as well. For instance, I would like to learn to stand up for myself in a more balanced way (I either tell people off or hold it in, most times hold it in, not too balanced). I am not content with this. But, can I become content with my looks, health, personality, and overall life? Yes, it's a process, but I can. I am learning contentment in being a mom, a wife, living in the burbs even though I'd rather live in any of the urban places that exist in the world. I am learning to love my position in life when there are days I'd rather be working. And I am learning to love my body even though it doesn't look the same as it did before my precious Jaden son was born. I am learning contentment. This is the truth.
No comments:
Post a Comment